Application for single unit study
Use this form if you wish to study units for personal or professional development without having to apply for a full QUT course. You must be 18 or older at the time you plan to start studying.
Who shouldn't use this form
- Students who are enrolled in a course at another university, but want to study a QUT unit for credit towards their course. Please submit a cross-institutional studies - inbound request.
- Please check key dates (search the category Applying to study, and subcategory Single-unit and cross-institutional applications) for the last date you can apply.
- Applications received after the on-time closing date will incur a non-refundable late application fee of $50. Check key dates for details.
- If your previous studies were not in English, or were completed in a country where English is not the first language, you will need to demonstrate that you meet our English proficiency requirements when you apply.
- To study some units you need to have completed particular subjects as prerequisites, or have a certain level of background knowledge (which we call 'assumed knowledge'). Check the previous study requirements for the units you're interested in. If you have any questions, contact the unit coordinator for the semester you want to study.