Application for cross-institutional study

Use this form if you're enrolled in a course at another Australian university but want to study a QUT unit for credit towards your course.

You must attach the Home Institution Approval Form (PDF, 123KB) to your application. Please ensure this form is completed by an authorised tertiary officer at your home institution before applying.

Who shouldn't use this form

  • Students who are not currently admitted to a course at another Australian university. To study units for personal or professional development please complete a single unit study request.

Closing dates

  • Please check key dates (search the category Applying to study, and subcategory Single-unit and cross-institutional applications) for the last date you can apply.
  • Applications received after the on-time closing date will incur a non-refundable late application fee of $50. Check key dates for details

Entry requirements

  • If your previous studies were not in English, or were completed in a country where English is not the first language, you will need to demonstrate that you meet our English proficiency requirements when you apply.
  • To study some units you need to have completed particular subjects as prerequisites, or have a certain level of background knowledge (which we call 'assumed knowledge'). Check the previous study requirements for the units you're interested in. If you have any questions, contact the unit coordinator for the semester you want to study.

Fee requirements

Commonwealth Assistance

If you're offered and you accept a Commonwealth Supported Place for your QUT units, you must submit a Commonwealth Assistance form (eCAF) in eStudent, available via HiQ, and choose your payment option before the census date of the first teaching period. Failure to do so will result in your enrolment being cancelled.

If you're offered a cross-institutional tuition fee place and you wish to use FEE-HELP (subject to eligibility) for your studies at QUT, you must submit a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form and provide your tax file number (TFN) and Unique Student Identifier (USI) before the census date of the first teaching period. Failure to do so will mean that you'll need to pay your tuition fees upfront and in full.

Failure to complete the forms by the census date may result in the cancellation of your enrolment if you're in a Commonwealth Supported Place or, if you're in a tuition fee paying place, you'll be required to pay your tuition fees upfront to QUT.